We are into our last full week of school! I can't believe it is almost over. This week we are doing a lot of reviewing and wrapping up some of our units. We are done with end of the year testing and I am very proud of the students for working hard this year and giving their best effort! The children enjoyed having their pajama day and watching "Because of Winn Dixie" Thank you for giving permission to participate. It was very special for those who had read the book.
Move Up Day: On May 20th all Hygiene students will meet their next year's teachers. Parents, you will receive notification on Tuesday, May 17th on your child's teacher for next year. Parents, you will meet your child's teacher next fall at Open House, August 15th.
EOY Party: We will have a relaxed end of the year party next Tuesday, May 24th at 2:45. If you would like to bring any snacks or drinks please email me. We will clean out desk, take things home, and just hangout.
LAST DAY GAMES FESTIVAL AND FAMILY PICNIC: is the last day of school and our all school Games Festival Day, . Parents are welcome to come and watch. Please make sure your students come dressed appropriately with running shoes, water bottle and sunscreen. At students will return to their classroom to clean up and say their goodbyes. The family picnic will begin at on the south side of campus in the Hug and Go area. Fifth graders will perform and the Pluto time capsule will be capped. Parents need to sign their students out with the teacher before going to the picnic.
- Games Festival
- Classroom clean up and goodbyes
- - Family Picnic (south side of campus in Hug n Go)
- - 5th Grade performs and Pluto Time Capsule will be capped
KONA ICE COMING TO THE FAMILY PICNIC! This year we have Kona Ice scheduled to be at our annual Family Picnic. They will be set up in the Hug n Go area. The prices are: $3, $4, and $5.
- This week in literacy we wrote letters to the president to help convince him to put TED devices on all fishing boats to help protect sea turtles.
- Spelling- we will be reviewing for a spelling benchmark.
- In math, we are working on multiplication and division.
- In writing, we working on informative research writings.
- In science, we are wrapping up our unit on plants and animals.
- We are studying economics in social studies.
**Please read carefully below for information about our class**
1. Tuesday folders are full of information. Please empty, sign anything applicable, and return asap.
2. Homework : (1) Animal Research Poster (optional) (2) RELAX!!!
**Please click on our "Homework" tab for more details**
May 20 Move up day (students only)
Last Day of School
- All Library books are due!
- Starting February 2nd, Inta Juice will be available once again during the lunch time on Tuesdays for $1.50.
Pictures from our Sea Turtle presentation last week by Ocean First Academy marine biologist!