I hope you were able to enjoy our snow day! Yesterday we prototyped for our design thinking challenge we are doing for Hawk Air Pluto. Our challenge is "How might we survive the extreme weather on Pluto?" We are working on designing housing that would survive the extreme (-400 degree) temperatures on Pluto. We are looking forward to building our designs with parents soon!
Conferences are next week and your conference forms are coming home today (Thursday, February 4). Please let me know if there are any conflicts.
- This week in literacy we are wrapping up our theme is On the Farm.
- Spelling this week we are working on -s and -es.
- In math, we beginning Unit 6 on telling time.
- In writing, we are writing a personal narrative called "When I Way Young in Colorado..."
- In science, we are continuing our unit in weather.
- We are studying civics in social studies.
**Please read carefully below for information about our class**
1. Tuesday folders are full of information. Please empty, sign anything applicable, and return asap.
2. Homework folders today have (1) Math Menu Project (2) Spelling "16" list
(3) February reading log
**Please click on our "Homework" tab for more details**
Important Dates:Monday, February 8 Spelling Test
Tuesday, February 29 Spelling Pre-test
,9,11 Parent Teacher Conferences
February 11-Valentine's Day Celebration
No School, Comp Day for staff
No School Presidents Day
Arts Night Grades 3-5
February 25 Space Foundation Visit (more information to come)
- Library books are due on Mondays!
- Please make sure your children come to school with the appropriate clothing/shoes for the weather.
- 100 mile club is on Tuesdays only until further notice. NO THURSDAY 100 Mile Club.
- Starting February 2nd, Inta Juice will be available once again during the lunch time on Tuesdays for $1.50.
- The deadline to order 2015-2016 yearbooks is January 31st
- Go online to order: