Happy last week of January! I can't believe it is almost February. We have been working hard on our Hawk Air Pluto design thinking challenge. Our challenge is "How might we survive the extreme weather on Pluto?" We are working on designing housing that would survive the extreme (-400 degree) temperatures on Pluto.
Conferences are coming up PLEASE remember to send in your forms to request a time slot to meet.
Science Fair is coming up on January 28 & 29.
- This week in literacy our theme is On the Farm.
- Spelling this week are consonant digraphs k and ck.
- In math, we are wrapping up Unit 5 this week and we will start Unit 6 on telling time next week.
- In writing, we are writing a personal narrative called "When I Way Young in Colorado..."
- In science, we are continuing our unit in weather.
- We are studying civics in social studies.
**Please read carefully below for information about our class**
1. Tuesday folders are full of information. Please empty, sign anything applicable, and return asap.
2. Homework folders today have (1) Math practice (2) Spelling "15" list (green)
(3) January reading log
**Please click on our "Homework" tab for more details**
Science Fair Open House
Science Fair (all day)
Tuesday, February 2 Spelling Pre-test
,9,11 Parent Teacher Conferences
No School, Comp Day for staff
No School Presidents Day
Arts Night Grades 3-5
February 25 Space Foundation Visit (more information to come)
- Library books are due on Mondays!
- Please make sure your children come to school with the appropriate clothing/shoes for the weather.
- 100 mile club is on Tuesdays only until further notice. NO THURSDAY 100 Mile Club.
- Starting February 2nd, Inta Juice will be available once again during the lunch time on Tuesdays for $1.50.
- The deadline to order 2015-2016 yearbooks is January 31st
- Go online to order:http://www.jostens.com/apps/
shop/yrbk_catalog.asp?cid= 209066&pfid= 2015070204574822357& affiliateId=1092060