I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend! Please read carefully below for information about our class.
1. Tuesday folders are full of information. Please empty, sign anything applicable, and return asap.
2. Homework folders are also coming home today. Please note there are four pages: (1) Spelling page; (2) Growth mindset sheet; (3) Older relative interview; and (4) Math practice.
Spelling-The spelling page does NOT have to be returned. It is meant to be used as a practice sheet to re-write the words correctly in the blank column. The words typed out can be cut out and used as flash cards. Spelling test will be on Mondays.
Spelling resource here: http://childparenting.about.com/od/schoollearning/a/ways-to-practice-spelling-at-home.htm.
Growth Mindset-Please fill out the Growth Mindset page as a family or at least with your student and yourself. It is so important to change our mindset from negative to positive when it comes to learning and growing! More resources here if you’d like to know more: www.raisethebarparents.org .
Interview-The family interview page is meant to be asked of an older relative, like a grandparent or aunt/uncle. If you need to, your child may interview you! This is to go a long with our social studies unit about history and past.
Math-Last week the pages I sent home were fairly easy and many students completed them in one setting. I gave a little more math homework this week for those who needed the challenge. Please have your child just do a little homework each day as review.
3. Picture day is next Monday, September 14th! Order forms are in the Tuesday Folder.
4. Last Wednesday all the classes at school completed our first design thinking process challenge! Your children did a wonderful job working together, problem solving, and building towers.
5. Our class won a $300.00 shopping spree from I-25 Kia! Here are some links
Monday: NO SCHOOL
- Library books are due on Mondays!
- Please remember the materials fees ($10).
- Also, remember the white 3 ring binder (1 inch).